Salmon Creek Weekly Highlights
JOIN US AT THE SALMON CREEK HARVEST-HALLOWEEN FARMERS MARKET AT LEGACY HOSPITAL
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2023
at the entrance to the hospital
from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
2211 NE 139th St., Vancouver, 98686
JOIN US for good food, friendly faces, easy parking – and support Clark County local businesses
HERE ARE YOUR VENDORS ON OCTOBER 26
- JACKIE’S HEIRLOOM GARDEN, Ridgefield – Jackie and Rick offer a variety of vegetable and flower starts, plus perennials. Ask them anything about growing, and they share extensive knowledge!!
- AMY’S NATURAL SOAP, Vancouver – Offering beautiful, decorative cold pressed vegan soaps and lotions.
- YELLOW COTTAGE DOOR FARM AND APIARY, Woodland – Danielle’s famous pure, raw honey is the best – this week featuring Blueberry and Wildflower. No additives! LOOK FOR: fresh picked grapes and ground cherries, tomatillos, peppers (sweet and spicy), and dried organic and culinary lavender
- MUNOZ BERRY FARM, Ridgefield – One of the market’s favorite vendors, and with Salmon Creek Farmers Market since 2011, offering fresh fruit from Munoz Berry Farm and East Washington. LOOK FOR: East Washington peaches, apples and grapes from Munoz Berry Farm.
- NUT-TRITIOUS FOODS, Salmon Creek – Nut and Seed Butters available in 10 different flavors – no sugar or salt added!
- BLIND COFFEE ROASTERS, Milwaukie, OR – We are proudly female veteran owned, local coffee roaster, roasting top rated coffees in Milwaukie, OR and Hillsboro, OR since 2012 and specializing in hard to find and exceptional coffees for enthusiasts and wholesale clients.
- HIGH ON THE FIRE, Vancouver – A small batch artisan pepper sauce company, specializing in flavor-forward hot sauces that range from super mild to super hot. Look for 8 different sauces and a rotating special limited release sauce.
- STACEY’S SWEET TEMPTATIONS, Vancouver – Stacey is a local baker with a passion for creating amazing desserts and flavor combinations from scratch with fresh ingredients, no artificial flavors or preservatives. Specializing in cupcakes, brownies, cookies, custom cakes, cheesecakes, and more, vegan and gluten free items are also available!
- OWL MUSHROOMS LLC, Vancouver – Bringing cultivated king and oyster mushrooms from his small-scale farm in Vancouver.
- MASON FARM, Battle Ground – Sustainably grown fruits and vegetables
- BRUSH PRAIRIE FARMS, Brush Prairie – fresh, frozen meats – goat, lamb, pork and beef.
- TWO CITY KIDS FAMILY FARM, Ridgefield –We are a small urban farm with a big mission. Your purchases help support our mission to provide free fresh produce to local pantries that serve those in need in our community. We grow garlic, potatoes, and peppers for purchase. We also produce our own brand of multiple varieties of garlic salt, powder, and granulated.
- POPCORN COVE, Vancouver – Popcorn-lovers will find more than 75 flavors of specialty popcorn on hand each day – options range from the savory loaded baked potato or jalapeno cheddar, to the more exquisite dark-chocolate sea salt, peanut butter chocolate and more.
- BUSY BEE COTTAGE BAKERY, Vancouver – Tree-nut free macarons and gourmet baked goods, brownies, gourmet bars, cakes and breads – all from a local cottage kitchen! Offering freeze dried homemade candy this season.
- BOMBAY CROCHET, PORTLAND – Jackie’s expertise can be seen in the variety of modern items that Jackie creates.
- OH! MY SWEET KETO, Battle Ground – What Sugar Free ought to be! Oh My Sweet Keto! is a home based cottage food kitchen producing sugar-free, low carb Sweet Treats that actually taste good and are Keto & Diabetic friendly and gluten free. We use sweeteners found in nature – no artificial sweeteners. Products include Truly Delicious Chocolate Cake, Coconut Pecan Candy, Candied Pecans and Cookies. We also make delicious, traditional, homemade Sourdough bread (not low carb).
- HARVEST OF PEACE, La Center – Offers high quality, nutrient dense microgreens to restaurants and individuals through its CSA subscription programs and farmers markets. Organic seeds, OMRI listed sterile soil, UV treated municipal water and recyclable/compostable packaging are used
- CLARK FAMILY FARMS, La Center – We are a small, family run farm in La Center, Washington. We focus on Goat’s Milk Body Products, with an emphasis on the care and well being of all of our working and rescue animals.
- All the milk used in our products comes directly from our happy goats, raised and loved on our farm. In each jar and bottle you’ll find – simple, all natural ingredients that are good for your skin and the earth. Our products have helped customers with a range of problem skin issues ranging from acne to rosacea, eczema to general dermatitis. We are proud to share the gift of happy, healthy skin. Cheers
- ALLEN CREEK FARM, Ridgefield – Working chestnut orchard. We have over 700 trees and use organic practices. Next year we apply for organic certification. We also produce dried chestnuts and gluten free flour!
- HARVEST OF PEACE MICROGREENS, La Center – Offers high quality, nutrient dense microgreens to restaurants and individuals through its CSA subscription programs, farmers markets and other local venues. Organic seeds, OMRI listed sterile soil, UV treated municipal water and reusable/recyclable/compostable packaging are used.
- MANJA CREATIONS, Battle Ground – ManJa Creations is a family and Women owned small business based in Washington state. ‘Mama’s Marinara’TM Original Recipe Marinara Sauce is our premier product.
- •All Vegan •All Gluten Free •All Natural
- Low Added Sugar, low carbohydrates and low in calories.
- Slow simmered for 11-14 hours gives it a thick and hearty flavor and texture.
- Very versatile! Great for more than just Spaghetti and Meat Balls!
- VANRIDGE GARDEN CLUB, Ridgefield – This active group performs services to enhance and better the community, including aiding in conservation, developing horticulture and flower culture, learning flower design and show participation, exchanging seeds, plants and trees.
- SAMBA, THE BASKET MAKER, ABERDEEN – Woven from elephant grass, using natural dye from a plant (myenteh), in many colors, the baskets are made into many shapes by hand. They are strong, durable, and washable and the handles are wrapped with goat hide.
WHAT’S FOR LUNCH?
Enjoy lunch with YAWEH’S PARADISE, serving beef brisket sandwiches, beans and rice, coleslaw – and more!!
RAZO’S TACOS, Vancouver – Mexican inspired cuisine, using locally sourced ingredients from our great local farms and vendors.
MORE ABOUT THE SALMON CREEK FARMERS MARKET –
Salmon Creek Farmers Market is in its 14th year. It continues to support Clark County’s food and farm businesses by providing opportunities for economic viability. It remains the most affordable and flexible of markets and is the only market in unincorporated Clark County.
The SCFM at Legacy Hospital offers credit/debit/EBT and access to the revised Farmers Market Nutrition Program. In addition, the market matches up to $25 of an EBT transaction in Market Match dollars that can be used to buy fresh produce, mushrooms, herbs and food-bearing plants, such as strawberry plants.
Unique to Salmon Creek Farmers Markets, Rewards Cards reward customers after 10 visits with $10 in market tokens.
Parking for all is available in the 7-story parking garage located on the Legacy medical campus.
Questions? See us at the Information Booth on-site at the market.
This is a rain-or-shine market; however, please be aware that excessive heat, smoke, lightning or wind may force a sudden or unplanned closure.
Salmon Creek, Washington, is located seven miles north of downtown Vancouver and the I-5 bridge connecting Washington to Oregon. It is located nine miles north of the I-205 bridge which also connects Washington to Oregon. Salmon Creek is at the northern junction of I-205 and I-5, easy to access from most parts of SW Washington and Oregon.
Salmon Creek Farmers Market
at the Salmon Creek Grange
Tuesdays, July 4 to September 5
11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Salmon Creek Grange
1900 NE 154th St
Vancouver, WA 98686